- Begin with a structurally sound playhouse.
2.Use a sawzall to cut a squares under the mudsills on each side of the playhouse, front and back. Insert 4 by 4 or larger beams horizontally to be used to jack up the playhouse.
3. After inserting lifting beams through the cutouts from side to side, remove flooring and joists.
4. Using car jacks, carefully lift the playhouse and place the beams on concrete blocks. Never allow any extremities under the house as you are jacking it up. if working alone, alternate clockwise, lifting each corner slightly and place block underneath lifting beam.
5. Once the structure is slightly higher than desired finished height, secure the structure on blocks. Using concrete blocks as a foundation base, be sure to level the blocks and use concrete to secure them into place. Fill and level the interior floor area.
6. Build pony walls to be place under the structure. Remove siding and replace with cedar siding.
7. Install the windows.
8. Using a combination of steel wool and vinegar, soaked for three days, stain the siding to give it a weathered look.